IQ Jackpot at a glance
IQ Jackpot is a new live game show where contestants are winning and earning thousands of dollars in cash every hour.
- To win cash, contestants answer trivia questions.
- To earn cash, contestants invite advertisers.
Connecting contestants and advertisers in a trivia game that pays cash, creates a virtuous cycle where a growing jackpot attracts a growing audience leading to more advertising revenue and a larger jackpot.
Mobile gaming demographics
The widespread use of smart phones has pushed mobile gaming’s popularity to incredible heights — enabling in-app advertisers to capture various types of consumers through their mobile devices.
- Mobile games are played by 2.4 billion people.
- Mobile games account for 33% of app downloads.
- 2021 Mobile Gaming market will be worth $174 billion.
- 50% of gamers are women.
- Average age of gamers is 33.
- Largest portion of gamers (23%) are over 55 and smallest (8%) are between 13 and 17 years old.
- 59% of mobile gamers 35 and older play games on their mobile devices several times per day.
- 88% of the above age group said that they preferred to watch ads that are an integral part of the game content.
Introducing IQ Jackpot Ads
IQ Jackpot Ads come in two formats:
- Cube Ads appear on the cube as trivia questions. During live shows, four multiple-choice answers appear under the cube. Between shows, the correct answer and a Call To Action (CTA) button appear under the cube.
- Sponsor Ads are aired only during live shows and allow the advertiser to set the prize size. Each Sponsor Ad includes a pre-show notification, a pre-roll video ad, a post-show message and a CTA button.
Ad rates are always market driven via instant auctions and include free CTA buttons. Only three simple steps are required to advertise on IQ Jackpot:
- Create an IQ Jackpot Ads account.
- Create any number of Cube Ads and Sponsor Ads.
- Create one or more campaigns that use your ads.
Create a Cube Ad
To create a Cube Ad, provide the following information on the "Create New Cube Ad" screen:
- Call To Action URL for the "Learn More" button. This button appears under the cube as a user rotates the cube between shows.
- Category label appears above the cube during a live show and between shows. The Category can be anything but typically classifies the image appearing on the cube.
- Ad is displayed on the cube during a live show and between shows. This is either a square image or a text string. The image on the cube can be a still or an animated GIF.
- Multiple-choice Answers, one correct and three incorrect. All four answers appear under the cube during live shows. Only the correct answer appears under the cube between shows.
In a live show, the Cube Ad will look like this:
Between shows, while the user is rotating the cube, the ad will look like this:
Launch a Cube Ad Campaign
Up to ten Cube Ads can be added to each of the 24 time slots. This allows up to 240 Cube Ad Campaigns to run in a 24-hour period. Time slots are indicated in Pacific Standard Time (PST, California) time zone. For example, "00" is Midnight, "13" is 1 pm.
You will be charged for your Cube Ad campaign 1 hour before the start of the live show if the campaign's "Status" switch is on, . At this point, your campaign is reserved, is guaranteed to run, and can no longer be edited. The campaign will automatically run again 24 hours later as long as the "Status" switch remains on and assuming that you are not outbid. The Cube Ad Campaign charge will be the "Bid" amount.
To create a Cube Ad Campaign, perform the following steps on the "Cube Ad Campaigns" screen:
- Select the desired "Q#" (question #) for this campaign in one of the 24 time slots.
- In the same question/time slot, select an "Ad name".
- In the same question/time slot, type in the amount you want to "Bid" for this question/time slot and confirm. The minimum bid amount is indicated under the "Bid" box. You can specify a larger amount if you do not want to be easily outbid (see "Understanding Proxy Bidding" below). When you are outbid, your bid amount is displayed in red, your campaign will not run, and you will not be charged. At this point you can increase your bid to a suggested Minimum bid amount to again become the highest bidder.
- When ready to enable this campaign, flip the "Status" switch to on, .
Understanding Proxy Bidding
The automated bidding software used by Cube Ads is called proxy software. If you’re a bidder, this proxy software can save you time and help ensure that you get the ad space you want.
Here is a detailed example of proxy bidding. The process is totally automated, and goes like this:
- You see an ad space that has a Minimum bid of $100, and you’re willing to pay $130 for it. The $130 becomes your Maximum bid.
- When you enter the $130 into the Bid box, your proxy bids $100.00 in your name. The Bid increment for Cube Ads is 5%, so the new Minimum bid becomes $105.00.
- Another bidder sees this ad space, and bids the specified $105.00 Minimum bid amount. This becomes their Maximum bid.
- Your proxy sees the new bid, and ups its bid automatically by 5% to $110.25. The new Minimum bid becomes $115.76.
- A third bidder sees this same ad space and enters a Maximum bid of $150. His proxy enters a bid of $115.76. The new Minimum bid becomes $121.55.
- Your proxy responds with a bid of $121.55. The new Minimum bid becomes $127.63.
- The third bidder’s proxy responds with a bid of $127.63. The new Minimum bid becomes $134.01.
- Since this Minimum bid is over your Maximum bid amount—your proxy drops out of the bidding, and IQ Jackpot Ads notifies you (by email) that your bid has been surpassed. (If the auction were to end right then, the third bidder would win the auction with a bid of $127.63. Even though he specified a $150 Maximum bid, the bidding never got that high.)
- At this point, you can place a new Maximum bid for the ad space, or you can throw in the towel and let the new bidder have the ad space.
Create a Sponsor Ad
To create a Sponsor Ad, provide the following information on the "Create New Cover Ad" screen:
- Pre-show Notification appears on everyone's screen three to five minutes before the start of the next show. This message can be anything you want.
- Video Ad plays just before the show-start countdown. This video can be up to 60 seconds long and is provided as a YouTube URL. The video aspect ratio can be portrait, square and letterbox.
- Post-show message appears on the "End of Show" screen, above the "Learn More" button. This message can be anything you want.
- Call To Action URL for the "Learn More" button that appears on the "End of Show" screen.
The Pre-show Notification will look like this:
The Post-show message and the Call To Action button at the end of the live show will look like this:
Launch a Sponsor Ad Campaign
A Sponsor Ad Campaign sets the show prize amount and assigns a Sponsor Ad to one of 24 time slots on a specific future date. Time slots are indicated in Pacific Standard Time (PST, California) time zone. For example, "00" is Midnight, "13" is 1 pm.
You will be charged for your Sponsor Ad campaign when you click the button and it turns to . At this point, your campaign is reserved, is guaranteed to run, and can no longer be edited. The charge will include the Prize amount plus a 20% Sponsor Fee.
To create a Sponsor Ad Campaign for a specific future date, perform the following steps on the "Sponsor Ad Campaigns" screen:
- Reserve a future "Date" for this campaign in one of the 24 time slots.
- In the same date/time slot, select an "Ad name".
- In the same date/time slot, type in the "Prize" amount. The minimum Prize amount is $1,000. You can specify a larger amount.
- When ready to run this campaign, click the button.
To get started today, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.